Sunday, December 12, 2010

Life is a journey, not a destination. November 20, 2010

2 months down, 10 to go. I can’t believe how fast the time is  flying by. Life in Korea is starting to wind down, it’s a Saturday night and I am taking it easy at home. This is a big deal for me, I often find myself going non-stop, especially since coming to Korea. My slight addiction to the nightlife, and hanging out with the fun people I have met have helped fill the gap that comes from missing family and friends back home.  It’s not until I slow down and take the time to think, do I realize how much I do miss home especially all the great relationships I have there. I wouldn’t really call it homesicknesses so much as a bittersweet feeling of knowing how great I actually had it.  My time in Korea has helped me to realize how much I appreciate my life, don’t get me wrong it is great here also, but I think Washington is where my heart is. For now, home is where I make it and I am enjoying the independence that I have here. I want to use this time for self-reflection and growth as well as strengthening my relationship with God. Since being here I feel like I have grown so much already. When I am having a hard day, I often only have myself to count on, it’s not always possible to get ahold of the people you need to talk to the most back home. I am thankful for this because it has strengthened my character. This opportunity may never come around again so I want to take full advantage of it.  There is so much I want to accomplish while I am here: volunteer at an orphanage, study Hangul (Korean language), travel to Thailand, do a temple stay, read all of the books I brought, travel around Korea, go on some epic hikes, make lasting friendships….the list goes on and on. This is going to be a life changing experience and I am open to whatever God puts in front of me. I am soooo excited for this journey. I miss you all, you light up my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment